CALL FOR APPLICATIONS : MAP RESIDENCY, MÉDUSE, QUÉBEC CITY, DEADLINE MAY 12th 2017
In the Framework of the Map mobility programme, Pépinières européennes pour jeunes artistes and Méduse launch a call for applications for 2 artist residencies during 2 periods January through March 2018 (3 months) and April through June 2018 (3 months), in Méduse Complex in Québec City.
Méduse is a unique structure in North America. A cooperative of artistic, cultural and community producers and disseminators, it opened its doors in 1995. Its 4000 m2 building complex, located in the St. Roch District, at the heart of Downtown Québec City, includes ten (10) autonomous non-profit organizations leading the way in contemporary arts. They have distinct, complementary missions. Through its member organizations, Méduse gives artists access to high-end production and dissemination spaces and equipment. The cooperative is a major hub for the production and dissemination of contemporary arts in Canada.
As an international residency host, we offer:
- artistic support (mainly provided by the mentoring member organization *) ;
- logistics support (mainly provided by Méduse) ;
- access to technical studios, supervision by experienced technicians and specialized equipment (free or paying access depending on the type of project, the mentoring organization and the availability **) ;
- support for professional networking (by Méduse and the mentoring member organization) ;
- organization of artist talks and public presentations (coordinated by Méduse) ;
- production of a short video clip documenting the residency and/or the project (coordinated by Méduse).
* By mentoring organization, we mean one of the cooperative member organizations. Depending on the projects, more than one organization may simultaneously welcome an artist.
** Méduse’s international residencies do not grant unlimited and continuous access to the technical studiosand technicians. The equipment lists are available on each member organization’s website. See www.meduse.org.
- housing in the studio-apartment for one (1) person (3 months);
- production allowance: CA$ 2,000/ month*** ;
- access to coop member rates for equipment rentals and services;
- promotion of the residency;
- organization of artist talks or public presentations;
- production of a short video clip documenting the residency and/or the project.
The artist may apply to programs for complementary funding. If so, the artist must handle these applications autonomously.
*** The allowance is given to the artist to cover his/her international transportation (home-Méduse), material purchases and/or rental, production expenses and personal expenses (food, transportation, etc.).
Deadline for applications :
May 12th 2017 midnight (Paris time)
2 selected projects